Posted: 10/31/2022 10:30 AM by
Physical therapists (PT) are an integral part of a patient’s home healthcare team, particularly for patients who are recovering from a surgery or illness that resulted in the loss of function or mobility. Physical therapists play a huge role in improving the quality of life for patients who are healing at home and learning to regain form and function, they can live independently and return to performing the activities they enjoy.
October is observed as National Physical Therapy Month, and it’s the perfect time to celebrate our Interim HealthCare physical therapists, who are such an important part of our home healthcare team.
What does a home health physical therapist do?
Home health physical therapists visit patients in their homes to provide a wide range of rehabilitative services. Some common responsibilities of a home physical therapist include:
- Performing hands-on therapy using appropriate therapeutic exercises, gait training, and functional mobility training for certain orthopedic and neurological conditions
- Instructing patients on the safe and effective use of adaptive devices and durable medical equipment (DME)
- Teaching patients how to effectively transfer from the bathtub, chair and bed
- Conducting balance training and providing instruction for safe stair-climbing
- Performing home safety evaluations
Why become a home health physical therapist?
Many patients who are recovering from a serious illness, injury or surgery can benefit from home health physical therapy, especially if they aren’t able to leave home due to medical restrictions. A career as a home healthcare physical therapist can be very fulfilling and rewarding.
A few benefits of working as a home health PT include:
- Enjoy building relationships with patients and their families.
- Compensation is typically very rewarding and competitive for home health PT positions
- Experience a less stressful environment as compared to hectic outpatient or inpatient settings.
- Experience the fulfillment that comes from making a difference in the lives of others every day.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule with assignments to fit your needs.
Why work for Interim HealthCare?
So, you’re a physical therapist, and you’ve decided that home health is the right place for you. Why should you choose to work for Interim HealthCare? Here are just a few reasons physical therapists choose Interim over other home healthcare agencies.
Interim HealthCare has been around for 50 years. And, we have a great reputation.
We are the nation’s first home care company. As a leader in our industry, we’ve been matching skilled healthcare professionals and compassionate caregivers like you to clients and patients in their homes since 1966. While we are national in scope, we operate through 300+ locally-owned offices that are passionate about providing the kind of personalized care you can’t find anywhere else.
You can work with top home healthcare professionals.
At Interim HealthCare, we are a family of healthcare professionals and caregivers focused on improving the lives of the individuals we serve. As a physical therapist, you will be working with an entire healthcare team that is focused on the same goal–providing the very best care for our patients and clients. We only hire the best providers to care for our patients. So when you work for Interim HealthCare, you are working with the best in the business.
You can earn competitive compensation and benefits.
To keep you at your best, we offer some of the most competitive benefits and compensation packages in the industry. Just a few of the benefits our home healthcare providers enjoy include:
- Flexible Schedule
- Rewarding assignments
- Positive work culture
- Steady hours
- Training & growth opportunities
- Tuition discounts
- Competitive pay
You can experience a healthy work-life balance
At Interim HealthCare, work-life balance is a top priority. Whether you’re a full-time physical therapist with our company or picking up shifts here and there, we will work with you to ensure your work schedule is not overwhelming.
You were made for this.
At Interim HealthCare, we are a family of healthcare professionals and caregivers focused on improving lives through home-based care. It’s who we are. If you feel called to serve, help, support, care and connect with others, you bear the DNA of a home care professional, too. Don’t take our word for it; listen to our healthcare professionals share their stories. Then click here to check out the job opportunities with Interim HealthCare in your area.